We believe there is much to be excited about in being part of healthAbility. As a passionate leader in health services, with over 130 employees, we understand that our people are our strength and they will always underpin our success.
We aim to be recognised as a market leader for our employment practices and family friendly work policies, and want your journey with us to not just be a job, but a career offering a work lifestyle balance as well as the chance to work in an organisation that makes a positive difference to people’s lives.
To view a full list of our other current vacancies, please click here, or to enquire about a career at healthAbility, please contact our Human Resources Officer on 9430 9100.
Job of the Month – In Home Community Support Worker
Our In Home Support Program is seeking caring staff to work as either personal carers or cleaners in our clients homes. To be considered for these roles you will have:
• A commitment to choice, independence and integration
• Experience and qualifications – Minimum Certificate III in HACC, Aged Care, Disability or Individual Support
• A current Victorian Drivers Licence
• Current Working with Children Check and willingness to undertake a Police Check prior to commencing work
• Reliable vehicle with full comprehensive insurance
• Mobile phone
We can offer a variety of shifts and duties will depend on the needs of our clients, please see the position descriptions for In Home Support Worker or In Home Domestic Assistant for further details.
For more information and to apply please call Kathy Brennan, Service Coordinator between 9am and 5pm Monday – Friday, on (03) 9430 3101 Kathleen.Brennan@healthability.org.au
Our culture is based around our Core Values: Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Innovation and Responsiveness reflect our aim to change and improve the way people work.
We are also committed to ensuring an equal employment opportunity for all of our current and future colleagues. We firmly believe that every person who works for or has contact with our organisation has the right to protection from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Salary Packaging
- Flexible working arrangements offering part-time work
- Induction program
- Celebration and recognition of your loyalty and efforts with us
- Professional development and training
- Free annual dental check-up and 20% discount on dental treatment
- Health and wellbeing benefits, including ten weeks paid parental leave (in addition to the Government’s statutory offering)
- Daily 15 Minute paid break time
- Walk to work days and a host of other great benefits
Training and Development
The investment in the skill and knowledge of our workforce is vital for the ongoing success of our organisation. At healthAbility, we acknowledge the benefit of promoting this recognition and have created a Workforce Development Strategy with a commitment to our workforce to:
- Being equipped and appropriately skilled to deliver quality service outcomes
- Being equipped and appropriately skilled to operate effectively in a constantly changing environment
- Routinely undertaking research and develop best practice guidelines for service models
- Ensuring our workforce view healthAbility as a positive working environment where their contribution is appreciated
We support your development by providing professional and personal development opportunities, access to internal opportunities and occasions of secondment assignments.
healthAbility is strongly committed to the safety of every child.
We are committed to the safety, participation, inclusion and empowerment of all children and have zero tolerance of child abuse; all allegations and safety concerns will be treated very seriously and pursued in a manner consistent with our robust Policies and Procedures.
We have legal and moral obligations to contact authorities when we are worried about the safety of any child that we provide services or support to and will rigorously follow all of these obligations.
We support and respect all children. We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal children, the cultural safety of children from a culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds. We also provide a safe and inclusive environment for children with a disability.
If you believe a child is at immediate risk of abuse phone 000.