Support Services and Helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Safe Steps, the state-wide family violence response centre: 1800 015 188 or (03) 9322 3555. You may also find the Safe Steps brochure available in English and other languages and safety planning information booklet Gathering support – safety for women helpful.
- 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732), the national sexual assault, family and domestic violence counselling line.
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line Victoria, 1800 806 292: after hour’s crisis counselling service for victims/survivors of past & recent sexual assault. Operates weeknights from 5pm – 9am the next day, weekends and public holidays.
- Kids Helpline, 1800 551 800: a counselling service for Australian children and young people aged 5 – 25 years.
Other support services:
- Berry Street, Northern Domestic and Family Violence Service (NDFVS) help victims of family violence in the northern suburbs. Services are offered free of charge Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm on 03 9450 4700 or email email@example.com
- healthAbility: offers information, support and counselling for women, children and youth affected by family violence. No referral is needed. Contact us on 9430 9100 – talk to your regular healthAbility staff member, or speak to our friendly staff at reception, who will direct you to the help you need.
- Men’s Referral Service, 1300 766 491: offers anonymous and confidential telephone counselling, information and referrals to help men stop using violent and controlling behaviour.
- inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence, free call on 1800 755 988 or 9413 6500, Monday to Friday between 10am – 4pm
- Elizabeth Morgan House Aboriginal Women’s Service, provides specialist family violence support to Aboriginal women and their children who are currently experiencing or have experienced Family Violence, (03) 9482 5744
- The Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (DVRCV) provides a more comprehensive list of information and support services for different regions of Victoria including North Eastern Melbourne