Support Services and Helplines available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Safe Steps, the state-wide family violence response centre: 1800 015 188 or (03) 9322 3555
- 1800RESPECT (1800 737 732), the national sexual assault, family and domestic violence counselling line
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line Victoria, 1800 806 292: after hour’s crisis counselling service for victims/survivors of past & recent sexual assault. Operates weeknights from 5pm – 9am the next day, weekends and public holidays
- Kids Helpline, 1800 551 800: a counselling service for Australian children and young people aged 5 – 25 years
Other support services:
- The Orange Door is a way for women, children and young people who are experiencing family violence or families who need assistance with the care and wellbeing of children to access the services they need to be safe and supported. 1800 319 355 or 56 Burgundy Street Heidelberg VIC 3084, Monday to Friday between 9am – 5pm
- Berry Street, Northern Domestic and Family Violence Service (NDFVS) help victims of family violence in the northern suburbs. Services are offered free of charge Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm on 03 9450 4700
- healthAbility: offers information, support and counselling for women, children and youth affected by family violence. No referral is needed. Contact us on 9430 9100 – talk to your regular healthAbility staff member, or speak to our friendly staff at reception, who will direct you to the help you need.
- Men’s Referral Service, 1300 766 491: offers anonymous and confidential telephone counselling, information and referrals to help men stop using violent and controlling behaviour.
- inTouch Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence, free call on 1800 755 988 or 9413 6500, Monday to Friday between 10am – 4pm
- Elizabeth Morgan House Aboriginal Women’s Service, provides specialist family violence support to Aboriginal women and their children who are currently experiencing or have experienced Family Violence, (03) 9482 5744
- The Domestic Violence Resource Centre Victoria (DVRCV) provides a more comprehensive list of information and support services for different regions of Victoria including North Eastern Melbourne