This group provides a basic introduction to stress management and active relaxation techniques. It helps people to identify the things that may be making them stressed and understand their responses and implications.
The group discusses and puts into action a range of relaxation techniques and strategies to help reduce stress. It also teaches the importance of a having and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Learn to Relax covers a range of areas, including:
- Each week there is an opportunity to learn and practice simple relaxation techniques that can be used in everyday life, such as breathing, visualization, guided imagery
- Each session covers different relaxation techniques, and a range of relaxation and stress management topics
- There will be practical information and sharing ideas
- Information about what stress is and its physical, emotional and psychological effects are addressed
- In order to get the most out of the course, it is important that participants attend all sessions
When: Tuesdays 14, 21 and 28 November, 10.30am – 12.30pm
Where: healthAbility, 917 Main Road, Eltham
Cost: $60 ($45 for pensioners/health care card holders). This includes handouts and a relaxation CD
To register or for more information please contact healthAbility on 9430 9100 or complete an online enquiry form.Make an Enquiry