Nillumbik Healthy Schools is the health promoting schools initiative delivered by healthAbility.
Education and health are inseparable. Good health supports successful learning and successful learning supports lifelong health. ‘Everyone gains when schools promote health’ (WHO, 2000).
healthAbility can support local school efforts to promote health and wellbeing by:
- Supporting schools to adopt a health promoting schools approach to plan and coordinate school health and wellbeing efforts including:
- Providing briefings to your school to build awareness around the health promoting schools approach
- Promoting and encouraging local schools to join the Achievement Program – Victoria’s state-wide health promoting schools framework
- Helping schools move through the Achievement Program’s continuous improvement cycle
- Assisting school health and wellbeing teams with planning for health and wellbeing including:
- Help to review current practice and needs
- Providing local data on health and wellbeing issues and priorities
- Assisting school health teams with engagement and consultation activities across the school community to inform health and wellbeing planning
- Supporting teacher professional learning through local or regional training events and in-services on health and wellbeing topics.
- Linking health and wellbeing coordinators to local school health and wellbeing networks.
- Supporting schools in carrying out local level health projects.
- Providing case studies to share examples of good work, enabling schools to learn from each other and cross pollinate ideas.
- Sourcing and providing health resources, information and news for teachers, parents and students.
- For more information or support please contact the Health Promotion team via email@example.com