Join us at the healthAbility Community Wellbeing Expo
DISCOVER THE AMAZING ARRAY OF LOCAL ACTIVITIES, GROUPS AND SERVICES THAT CAN SUPPORT YOUR WELLBEING
Date: Sunday 21 May, 2017
Time: 10am – 3pm
Location: Eltham High School – Withers Way Eltham
Featuring guest speakers, presentations and demonstrations, healthy food stalls, giveaways, ‘kids zone’ and more!
This FREE event includes some great activities for all the family.
- Meet Olympic Gold Medalist Lauren Burns
- Meet AFL legend Tony Shaw – our MC
- Gardening workshop with Vasili from ‘Vasili’s Garden’, as seen on SBS
- Meet AFLW players Stephanie Chiocci, Tanya Hetherington and Lisa Williams
- Fun for kids with a jumping castle, face painting, AFL VIC clinics, colouring stand and more!
- Basketball clinic for kids
- Youth hang out space with local artist Richard Keville
- Fantastic food stalls
- Healthy cooking demonstrations
- Bike n’ Blend pedal powered smoothies
- Yoga and exercise workshops
- Veggie gardening with Local Food Connect
- General health checks
- Presentations from beyond blue and headspace
- Breastscreen Victoria health session
- Sensory friendly ‘Chill Out’ zone
- Water infusion table
Click on the icons below to view the Expo Program and Exhibitors list:
Event Ambassador and Olympic Gold Medallist Lauren Burns will be in attendance to talk all things wellbeing. “Having grown up in the Nillumbik area and having a passion for people’s wellbeing, I’m really excited to be part of this event,” Lauren says. “The Expo is free to attend and offers local residents the opportunity to engage with a variety of organisations that can support their wellbeing in a family friendly setting.”
Former AFL star and media personality Tony Shaw will be joining the fun as event MC, chatting with guest speakers, announcing activities and engaging with the crowd.
“I’m thrilled to be involved in such a great event which supports my local community,” Mr Shaw says. “The Expo offers a great variety of activities and over 30 exhibitors. There’s something for everyone.”
With presentations from headspace and Beyond Blue, to veggie gardening with Vasili from ‘Vasili’s Garden’, to yoga and relaxation workshops, to amusements for kids and a youth hang out space, plus exercise demonstrations and general health checks, the healthAbility Community Wellbeing Expo has everything you need to help you move well, eat well, feel well and connect well.
healthAbility Community Wellbeing Expo is proudly supported by: