Please do not attend your appointment if you feel unwell, have travelled overseas in the past 14 days or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. If any of these apply to you please call our reception on 9430 9100 to discuss.
If you are attending your appointment in person, please be informed of the following:
- You will be asked about your health and travel at reception or by a member of our staff to make sure it is safe for you to attend
- You will be required to wear a face mask to attend any appointments at our centre, unless you have an exemption
- You will be requested to wear a mask if we visit you at home
- Children under 12 years of age do not have to wear a mask, but may do so if they wish
- If you are unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition please discuss this with a member of staff prior to your appointment
- We are focused on infection control including increased cleaning of our facilities, provision of hand sanitiser and keeping up to date with health.gov.au advice and alerts
- We ask that you follow all Department of Health recommendations when visiting us for your appointment (see ‘Helping Stop the Spread’ below)
Helping to Stop the Spread
- Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds before and after your appointment and dry with paper towel or hand dryers provided in our facility
- If you come to our site, use the hand sanitiser provided in our waiting areas
- If for any reason you are not wearing a mask, cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately in the bin
- If you don’t have a tissue, cover your nose and mouth with your elbow
- Keep 1.5 metres from yourself and others in the waiting room, where possible
Support Information and Resources
The best source of information is from the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services or Australia Department of Health:
- Victorian Department of Health and Human Services website www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
- Australian Department of Health www.health.gov.au
Click here for more information relating to other client and community support information and resources.
This post was published 22 July 2020.