UPDATED 12.55pm 25 March 2020
As you would be aware COVID-19 is impacting our everyday lives.
Our primary responsibility is keeping you, your family and community safe while also supporting people’s ongoing health and wellbeing.
Based on the current advice from the Department of Health and Human Services we are still running many of our services.
As we have been actively responding to this rapidly changing situation, we now need to make some changes to our service provision. These changes include:
- Groups based services will be temporarily suspended. This includes all groups on our Groups and Programs page. All current group participants will be contacted as soon as possible to discuss options for their ongoing support.
- Across the coming weeks, all clients with upcoming appointments will be contacted by their clinician who will discuss the best option for providing services either at home, at our site or where possible by telephone or video.
- If you are looking for support or assistance at this time and unsure what is available, our experienced clinicians will be available to talk with you about planning a course of care.
Where it is safe and possible, now more than ever it is important you continue to get the care and support you need, to keep you well.
Please call to reschedule your appointment on 9430 9100 if any of the following applies to you:
2. If you have travelled overseas during the past 14 days
= You need to self-isolate as per the Victorian Department of Health Guidelines
Please call us prior to attending your appointment if you, or your child, are feeling unwell on 9430 9100:
4. Feeling unwell includes fever, shortness of breath, cough, sneezing, stuffy/ runny nose or gastro.
If you are attending your appointment, please be informed of the following:
- You will be asked about your recent travel and health by our reception team
- We are focused on infection control including increased cleaning of our facilities, provision of hand sanitiser and keeping up to date with health.gov.au advice and alerts.
- We ask that you follow all Department of Health recommendations when visiting us for your appointment (see ‘Helping Stop the spread’ below).
Helping Stop the Spread
- Wash your hands thoroughly for 20 seconds before and after your appointment if possible and dry with paper towel or hand dryers provided in our facility.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided in our waiting areas
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately in the bin
- If you don’t have a tissue, cover your nose and mouth with your elbow
- Keep 1.5 metre distance from yourself and others in the waiting room, where possible.
- For the latest information in Victoria go to the Department of Health and Human Services website www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
- Keep up to date with the latest information from the Department of Health (Australia)- www.health.gov.au
- Follow the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services on Facebook and change your settings so you receive notifications for their updates
- Visit the multilingual resource library for translated materials and fact sheets- COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Multilingual Resource Library
- Help stop the spread – https://www.health.gov.au/news/launch-of-the-coronavirus-covid-19-campaign
- Look after your mental health – https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/looking-after-your-mental-health-during-the-coronavirus-outbreak
This post was published 25 March 2020.