Our Occupational Therapists have put together some easy to read and follow recipes. This week we bring you yummy salmon and salsa.
|Ingredients:|| Equipment: |
|2 Pieces of salmon||Fry pan|
|½ Red onion (sliced finely)||Chopping board an knife|
|1 Mango||Bowl for salsa|
|½ Red capsicum|
|1 Lemon (to serve)|
- Chop up all the salsa items into bite size pieces and place in bowl. (Remember your safe chopping techniques, ask for help if you need)
- Mix all together
- Place fry pan on medium – medium high heat
- Put salmon in, skin side down. As the fish cooks, the colour of the fish will begin to lighten. When the colour has lightened to nearly the top, you can flip it. Cooking the salmon will take about 6 -9 minutes depending on the thickness of the salmon
- Cook on other side for about 1-2 minutes. Remove from gas. Turn off gas
Serve salmon with salsa on top and a wedge of lemon.
- You may like to change what you put in the salsa – you could try adding coriander or chilli or avocado. You could also put a bit of extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. If you don’t have access to fresh mango, you can use canned slices.
- Fridge- eat the next day only
- Do not freeze
Flyer- Recipes Salmon and Salsa to print and keep at home.
This recipe has been adapted from a recipe published on Taste.com.au
This recipe and many others have been created for our move, feel, connect well group promoting positive health, wellbeing and social connections during COVID-19 and beyond. To join the group visit Facebook or for more details check out: move, feel, connect well.