Our Occupational Therapists have put together some easy to read and follow recipes. This week we bring you zucchini slice which is yummy for either lunch or dinner, warm or cold.
|1 zucchini||Big bowl|
|1 brown onion||Small bowl|
|200 grams of bacon||Chopping board|
|1 cup of self raising flour||Knife|
|1 cup of grated cheese (in a packet)||Lamington tin (30cm x 20cm) greased with margarine|
- Wash hands with soap and water
- Clear bench
- Gather all of the ingredients
- Gather all of the cooking equipment
- Set the oven to 170 degrees Celsius (fan forced)
- Grate the zucchini
- Chop the onion small (use your chopper or grate)
- Chop the bacon in to small pieces
- Crack the 5 eggs in to a bowl and whisk
- Place ALL the ingredients into the big bowl and mix
- Grease your tin using margarine
- Add the mixture
- Bake for 30 minutes Set timer for 30 minutes
- Check oven once timer alarms. The slice should be lightly brown on top and firm when touched
- Chop up cucumber and tomato and serve with the zucchini slice
- Turn oven OFF
Serve with salad. E.g. tomato, lettuce and cucumber. You can also add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Left over zucchini slice can be put in a suitable freezer container and stored in the freezer as individual slices. These make a quick and easy lunch option.
- Fridge – 2 days
- Freeze – 1 month
Flyer- Easy English Zucchini Slide-SUP-202006 to print and keep at home.
This recipe has been adapted from a recipe published on Taste.com.au
This recipe and many others have been created for our move, feel, connect well group promoting positive health, wellbeing and social connections during COVID-19 and beyond. To join the group visit Facebook or for more details check out: move, feel, connect well.