Emotionally intelligent parenting
Would you like to:
- Be better at talking with and understanding your child?
- Help your child learn to manage their emotions and deal with conflict?
- Prevent behaviour problems with your child?
This program provides strategies to help parents teach their children how to understand their emotions and in turn develop emotional competence and intelligence. Emotional Intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, control, and express your emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships wisely and with empathy.
Children with higher emotional intelligence:
- Have greater success with making and keeping friends
- Improve concentration at school
- Are more able to calm down when upset or angry
- Tend to have fewer childhood illnesses
It is believed that Emotional intelligence may be a better predicator of academic and career success than IQ alone!
Tuning in to Kids™ is for parents of children aged eight years and under. Facilitated by our Family Support Worker this six session course, runs twice yearly.
When: Program runs twice yearly
Where: healthAbility, 917 Main Road, Eltham
Cost: $120 ($60 health care card holders)
To register your interest please contact Joan Lauricella, Family Support Worker, at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone healthAbility on 9430 9100 or enquire below.