Our Home Care Packages in North and Eastern Regions of Melbourne
We aim to provide the best possible Home Care Packages to older Australians and young people living with disabilities. We provide the following Home Care Packages in Melbourne:
Level 1 supports people with basic care needs
Level 2 supports people with low level care needs (formerly Community Aged Care Packages)
Level 3 supports people with intermediate care needs
Level 4 supports people with high level care needs (formerly Extended Aged Care at Home and Extended Aged Care at Home Dementia packages)
To determine which Home Care Package best suits you or your loved one’s needs, My Aged Care will need to complete a face-to-face assessment at your home. The Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) will provide a list of recommendations and services to ensure you or your loved one can live comfortably, safely and independently at home.
Our team can help prepare for the assessment and determine which services will best suit your needs ahead of the ACAT’s visit. We will be with you every step of the way.
Our Home Care Package Services
At healthAbility, our unique combination of private and publicly funded health services allows us to manage your Home Care Package and empower you to choose what services you want, when you want them and how you want them delivered. The choice is yours.
Our Home Care Packages in Northern and Eastern regions of Melbourne can be tailored to include the following services (depending on the level of your Home Care Package).
- Care Management - Our care managers will work with you to establish your care plan to outline your care needs and goals and how they can be met within the home care package . They are experts in supporting people living in the community and assist you to achieve your goals, and support with problem solving, advocating, navigating the aged care system
- Personal Care Support and Assistance - Helping to maintain your independence and personal hygiene. This might include help with showering, bathing, toileting, dressing/undressing, reminders to take your medication and assistance getting in/out of bed
- Allied Health - including Podiatry, Physiotherapy and other therapies — Helping you maintain your independence movement and mobility. This service includes Speech Therapy, Podiatry, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy, and other clinical services
- Assistance with Meals and Food Preparation - Assisting you to maintain your and health nutrition and continue to eat well while living independently This might include help with meal preparation, special diets for health/religious/cultural reasons and meal delivery services (excluding the cost of food)
- Specialised Aged Care Assessment and Advice - to assist with maximising your independence at home. This includes continence and dementia advisory services
- Assistance with Daily Household Tasks - Help to support you in keeping your home clean and liveable. This might include help with cleaning living areas, making beds, ironing and laundry, dusting, vacuuming, mopping and unaccompanied shopping
- Home and Garden Maintenance - Helping to keep your home and garden in a safe, liveable condition. This might include fixing uneven flooring, cleaning gutters and minor gardening like weeding, pruning and mowing the lawn
- Home Modifications - Maintaining your ability to move around your home safely and independently. This might include the installation of easy access taps, ramps, grab rails around the toilet, bath and/or shower, and providing advice on areas of concerns around the safety of your home
- Aids to Help You Remain Independent - Helping you with mobility, communication, reading and personal care limitations. This might include walking aids like crutches, walkers, walking frames and walking sticks, mechanical devices to lift you in and out of bed, bed rails and pressure relief mattresses
- Transport - Getting you to appointments and community activities. This includes arranging driver services, providing transport vouchers and subsidies, and assistance with shopping, doctor’s appointments and attending social events
- Assistance with Social Outings, Groups and Visitors - Helping you remain social and involved in the local community. We can help arrange for a visitor to make in-home or telephone-based social calls, providing a companion to assist with shopping and going to appointments, arranging social activities and transport to social events, and arranging for you to attend group-based activities
We offer a wide range of other services that blend into these top level My Aged Care services. For more information about other services like dental, health services, mental health service and more, see Our Services page.
David is 66 and has arthritis in his knee. David cares for his wife, Maria. As David is getting older, he is finding that it is harder to keep on top of his day to day chores and his mobility is declining.
Watch how we helped David apply, be accessed and approved for a Home Care Package through My Aged Care. Now David and Maria are receiving help with cleaning, meal preparation and personal care.
Meet the other Well family members
David is part of the Well family, meet the other family members as they engage with a range of services to support them to live better lives. Meet the Well family.
Step by step guide to applying for a Home Care Package
|Step 1||Contact My Aged Care to find out what services are available to help you stay in your own home. Phone 1800 200 422|
|Step 2||You will be assessed by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) for services you need to help you stay in your own home.|
Think about what you might need. This may include household tasks, personal care, shopping or exercise programs. We can help you plan for your assessment.
|Step 4||Receive a letter from My Aged Care about your Home Care Package. Call us and we can guide you through the next steps.|
|Step 5||Receive another letter 90 days before you get your Home Care Package and then another when funding is available from My Aged Care.|
|Step 6||You have 56 days to choose a provider. Speak to our My Aged Care team on 9430 9100 as soon as possible to discuss care management, extensions or additional services.|
Are you ready to receive services through your Home Care Package?
Contact our friendly team today
Get in touch
Contact our team by sending us an email or call us on