Understanding the Service Connection program - Cuppa and chat session
05 May 2023
Are you older and without anyone able to support you to live safely, comfortably and well?
Join us for a relaxed cuppa, morning tea and chat to better understand the Service Connection program. Part of the care finder network, our Service Connection program is free and provides short and long-term support for vulnerable older people and those who are or at risk of homelessness.
Meet with one of our friendly Service Connectors to find out how they can help support with:
- Understanding what aged care services are available
- Assisting with setting up aged care assessments
- Navigating the My Aged Care portal
- Connecting people with services that will support them to engage with their community
Eligibility criteria includes vulnerable older people who:
- Do not have a support person or are not trusting of their support person
- Have communication barriers
- Have low literacy
- Are reluctant to engage with aged care or government services
- Have difficulty understanding information to make an informed decision
- Are in an unsafe situation
Cuppa and chat session -Eltham
When: Thursday 25 May
Time: 10am to 12noon. Drop in anytime during this period.
Where: healthAbility -Womin Jeka community room, 917 Main Road Eltham.
Refreshments: Morning tea and hot drinks provided
Cuppa and chat session - Box Hill
When: Tuesday 20 June
Time: 2pm to 4pm. Drop in anytime during this period.
Where: healthAbility -Ground floor, Seminar room 1 & 2, 43 Carrington Rd, Box Hill
Refreshments: Afternoon tea and hot drinks provided
The Service Connection program is free and available to those living in the cities of Boroondara, Banyule, Nillumbik, Whitehorse and lower areas of Murrundindi.
For more information, see Service Connection program.