25 March 2020
Tuning into Kids™ – Program Suspended.
To help stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community we have temporarily suspended some of our programs and services. Current group participants have been notified. We are continually monitoring this situation and will be in touch with clients if Tuning into Kids™ can be delivered remotely or when it resumes.
Please get in contact if you have any questions or concerns by emailing email@example.com.
Emotionally intelligent parenting
Would you like to:
- Be better at talking with and understanding your child?
- Help your child learn to manage their emotions and deal with conflict?
- Prevent behaviour problems with your child?
This program provides strategies to help parents teach their children how to understand their emotions and in turn develop emotional competence and intelligence. Emotional Intelligence is the capacity to be aware of, control, and express your emotions, and to handle interpersonal relationships wisely and with empathy.
Children with higher emotional intelligence:
- Have greater success with making and keeping friends
- Improve concentration at school
- Are more able to calm down when upset or angry
- Tend to have fewer childhood illnesses
It is believed that Emotional intelligence may be a better predicator of academic and career success than IQ alone!
Tuning in to Kids™ is for parents of children aged nine years and under. Facilitated by our Family Support Worker this is a six session course.
For further information please contact Joan Lauricella, Family Support Worker, at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone healthAbility on 9430 9100 or enquire below.Make an Enquiry