Education and support to help you manage Diabetes well
Diabetes Education is available for people with Type 1 Diabetes, Type 2 Diabetes and Pre Diabetes. Diabetes Education can help you to gain the skill, knowledge and confidence to manage diabetes well and reduce the risk of diabetes complications.
A Diabetes Educator can help you understand:
- What is diabetes
- What factors affect blood glucose levels
- How you can measure your blood glucose levels
- What to do if your blood glucose levels are higher or lower than you want
- Medicines for diabetes management including insulin
- About healthy eating for diabetes
- The effect of exercise on blood glucose levels and health
- How to reduce the risk of diabetes complications
- Feel less worried or concerned about living with diabetes
Referral to other health care practitioners or relevant programs can be arranged.
Diabetes Support Group
High quality support through your diabetes journey
The Diabetes Support Group to provides people living with Type 2 diabetes a place to get together and support each other. People share how they manage their health, discuss problems, build relationships and learn from one another in a supportive environment.
This support group also provides the opportunity to learn about the latest in Diabetes health care through guest speakers and social outings.
When is the group held?
The Diabetes Support Group runs every fourth Thursday of the month.
IDEAS - Integrated Diabetes Education and Assessment Service (IDEAS)
Supporting you through Diabetes
IDEAS is here to help people prevent and manage the health complications that come with having Type 2 Diabetes. The service is supported by a range of health professionals, and provides practical education and support to empower participants in managing their health and well-being for the long term.
The IDEAS team includes:
- Eastern Health Endocrinologists (Doctors that specialise in diabetes care)
- Diabetes Nurse Educators
- Community Health Nurses
- Referrals to our Dietitians and other group programs and health services.
Get in touch
Contact our team by sending us an online enquiry or call us on